Yacht prices are in EURO, per week, depending on the period of the year. Charter fees include the rental cost of the yacht, insurance and VAT (all taxes).
Questions and Answers about Chartering a boat in Greece
The following additional charges may apply:
- Deposit – Refundable Security Deposit
- Manadatory Service pack 50-110 euro depending on the size of the boat. Includes end cleaning, bed linen, towels, cooking gas, spare fuel for the outboard
- Fuel – The yacht should be delivered topped up with fuel.
- Port or Marina fees – This is a daily-base fee, which applies to a few ports in Greece. This cost varies.
- Options – Any optional extras that you might have specifically requested.
The boat is comprehensively insured, including third Party cover, beyond a deductible “excess” figure.
The Refundable Security Deposit is held against the yacht’s insurance excess and, if there is no damage or loss to the boat or her equipment, this amount is refunded to you.
Exception: for any loss or damage caused by gross negligence or wanton or willful misuse by the charterer or by any of his party, to a value in excess of the Security Deposit amount, the charterer will be held liable for the total amount of loss or damage.
Normally, we will refund the Security Deposit immediately at the end of the charter. However, if any damage and/or loss are extensive, the deposit or appropriate proportion will be returned, if applicable, as soon as possible after full assessment of rectifying such damage or loss has been made.
The Refundable Security Deposit covers:
- Loss of or damage to the yacht or its tender or to third parties.
- Loss of or damage to the equipment listed in the inventory and given to the charterer at check-in.
- Costs incurred if the yacht is returned in an extremely dirty condition.
- Cost of returning the yacht to the prearranged harbor if the charterer fails to do so by the scheduled date and time.
- Cost of refuelling if the boat is returned without refilled tanks.
The payment of the Refundable Security Deposit is designed to cover only one incident of a substantial nature at any one time, ie: in case of loss or damage to equipment of significant value such as outboard engine or dinghy, the charterer will have the right to an immediate replacement whilst on charter, provided that the charterer pays a new Refundable Security Deposit immediately upon receipt of replacement or repair.
The Refundable Security Deposit is payable at the yacht’s base before embarkation.
The boat is fully equipped for charter and apart from provisioning and your personal belongings, you could step onboard as you are!
The charterer and his or her party will be given general briefing covering the local cruising grounds. Questions about navigation, anchorages, prevailing conditions, or any part of the desired itinerary can be answered. A more specific boat briefing aboard the yacht will then be given, covering all the operating systems, including rigging, electrical system, water system, windlass, stove, dinghy, outboard and emergency systems.
In your own interest, you are strongly advised to buy suitable travel insurance before leaving home, including cancellation insurance to protect your booking deposit.
We offer a variety of charter insurance policies so please ask for further information.