In this case you charter a yacht and hire a skipper (usually a local) to be responsible for the boat and its management. Most of the times the yacht charter company will provide you with the skipper (captain) to be with you for as long as the voyage lasts. Overall, you will enjoy every aspect of a sailing vacation but with less responsibilities.
Skippered Or Crewed ?
COMPARE AND CHOOSE
PROS FOR SKIPPERED
The most important pros for a skippered yacht charter in Greece are:
- You don’t need to have a license to charter a monohull or a catamaran.
- A local skipper can give you valuable advice about the best places to visit, hidden and unknown beaches, local customs, etc.
- The skipper frees up a lot of time so that you can enjoy other activities and even have more time to relax.
- In case of an emergency you will have someone experienced enough to get you safely back to shore.
- If you are interested, the skipper can always give you some sailing lessons.
CONS FOR SKIPPERED
The most important cons of a skippered yacht charter in Greece are:
- Having a skipper means highest charter cost.
- When a skipper is on board you obviously can’t have the same privacy as you have if you charter a bareboat.
- There is always the chance that there will not be the right chemistry between you and the skipper.
Crewed charters are usually more luxurious than bareboat and skippered. In this case, apart from the skipper you get a crew that is responsible for sailing, navigating, preparing meals, beverages and try to satisfy any particular needs you might have. If your dream vacation includes doing absolutely nothing but enjoying the sun and the sea, having great meals and resting, this is the ideal option for you.
PROS FOR CREWED
Main advantages of a crewed yacht charter in Greece are:
- This is the most luxurious and comfortable way of sailing vacation in Greece. A professional crew will take care of everything regarding the yacht and the journey leaving you with all the free time to enjoy yourself.
- Of course you don’t need to have a license.
- Usually crewed yachts are big enough to have separate quarters for the crew, thus providing more privacy.
CONS FOR CREWED
Main disadvantages of a crewed yacht charter in Greece are:
- It is the most expensive way of sailing holidays.
- It is the less private way to travel. Even though crew quarters are in a different part of the boat, you won’t be able to avoid the hustle of the everyday crew activities on board.
Want More Info..?
Our office address :
3 Agiou Nikolaou str. 18020 Poros Greece
Tel.: +30 6932 210446
Athens Tel.: +30 210 8083766
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For any information you may need, please feel free to contact us via the contact form .
|NOTE: All fields marked with an asterisk(*) are mandatory.|